Non-European Studies or Traineeship

  • As a minimum, you should have completed your 1st year of studies, before you go on exchange.
  • You must obtain the same amount of ECTS credits during your stay, as you would have at University College Absalon.
  • You do not have to pay tuition fees, if you go to a University College Absalon partner (for studies). You can find the list of partners here.
  • If you find the place of studies or traineeship on your own (as a “free-mover”), we cannot guarantee the quality of your stay.

How to – if you want to go to a University College Absalon partner institution

Contact the international coordinator in your Department, who will be able to tell you more about the opportunities for stays outside of Europe. You can also look at the overseas destinations here.

Before your exchange, an agreement is made between University College Absalon, you and the host institution that lists the contents of your stay (for example courses or tasks). The agreement also specifies how many ECTS credits you will receive after completing your exchange.

How to – if you want to find a destination on your own

For recommendations about which destinations might be interesting for you, contact your international coordinator.

If you receive Danish SU, you might be able to receive a scholarship to cover tuition fees. Contact the SU advisor in your Department for this.

Before your stay

You are responsible for making your own travel arrangements, as well as sorting out visa and residence/work permit (if necessary), adequate insurance and accommodation (often the host institution assist you with this). You can of course always contact your international coordinator for help and guidance.

Application deadline

April 1st for the autumn semester.

October 15th for the spring semester.

Click here to apply. 

Please note! The form only works in Google Chrome and Firefox.


If you are going on a shorter stay, for example a study trip or summer school, please use the application form here

VISA and Residence permit

Please remember, it is your own responsibility to make sure you are aware of the rules and regulations relating to VISA regulations and residence permits.

It might be useful for you to visit the webpage of the embassy of the country you are visiting.

Absalon on Instagram
Get to know what it is like being an international student at University College Absalon on our International Instagram!

Contact us

International Coordinators

Leisure Management

Emergency contact

Emergency telephone number outside office hours
+45 7611 7060

This number should only be used by students on exchange or by their host, and only in case of emergencies such as serious illness, accidents etc.